The ECTS-GS support initial work for graduate theses focused within an ECTS theme conducted at one of OTS research stations.
Any graduate student is invited to apply. Priority will be given to graduate students working on the long-term research programs or legacy datasets of the stations.
What the grant covers
Scholarships will cover station fees for up to 10 weeks and include a $700 allowance.
Direct English or Spanish questions to:
Submit complete proposals by email to: Guiselle Castro email@example.com
Click here for full description of the proposal guidelines
- Completed proposals must be submitted by the deadline to be considered for funding. Proposals may be submitted in English or Spanish.
- Letters of endorsement should be submitted directly by your recommender by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification of decisions will be about two months after each deadline; please plan accordingly.
- Successful applicants must be able to complete the proposed research within the original time frame of the project approved for funding.
All proposals must include the following:
- OTS Fellowship Cover Sheet (Download).
- Project abstract.
- Project objectives.
- Project methods.
- Project significance.
- Project schedule and expected outputs.
- Project budget.
- Budget justification.
- Literature cited.
- Name, address, telephone, fax, and email of four people who can comment on the scientific merit of the proposal.
- Curriculum vita of applicant.
- Letter of endorsement from thesis advisor.