ECTS-R program supports preliminary field work conducive to new long-term research. Preference will be given to projects that build upon long-term data collected at OTS stations, or that will provide long-term continuity to ongoing projects started by senior researchers.
This award is targeted at early career scientists (post-doctoral fellows and junior faculty) from OTS member institutions.
What the grant covers
Grants will cover OTS station fees for up to 10 weeks. The grant can be allocated for ten weeks to a single individual or divided among the PI and the project assistants or students.
Submit complete proposals by email to: Rebecca Cole, Las Cruces Station Director, email@example.com
- Completed proposals must be submitted by the deadline to be considered for funding. Proposals may be submitted in English or Spanish.
- Notification of decisions will be about two months after each deadline; please plan accordingly.
- Successful applicants must be able to complete the proposed research within the original time frame of the project approved for funding.
Click here for full description of the proposal guidelines
All proposals must include the following:
- OTS Fellowship Cover Sheet (Download).
- Project abstract.
- Project objectives.
- Project methods.
- Project significance.
- Project schedule and expected outputs.
- Project budget and sources of funds to cover project expenses other than station fees (i.e., international travel to CR, materials, equipment, and sample processing).
- Literature cited.
- Name, address, telephone, fax, and email of four people who can comment on the scientific merit of the proposal.
- Curriculum vita of applicant.
Inquiries can be addressed to the Director of the station where the research is to be performed